Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Salt Air

I woke up around 6:15 this morning, opened my window, and was overwhelmed by the smell of the Cape Cod salt air -- a smell that ranges from a small hint to an overwhelming aura -- comforting in all forms -- depending on the humidity and wind direction.

It had rained last night, and when I opened my window, the sun was just starting to heat up the water left on surfaces. The smell made it very easy to fall back asleep, and more importantly than that, meant it was no longer raining and today would be another spectacular day.

Today is opening day for my local Cape Cod Baseball League team, the Brewster Whitecaps. I'm going to go with my recorder, maybe my camera, and a clipboard. I may or may not start interviewing people, and I'm definitely going to get environmental sounds. Regardless of how I approach tonights baseball game, I'm going to love it.

There is no purer form of baseball than amateurs -- especially ones who have a legit shot to impress scouts and make it to the bigs, fulfilling what I'm sure is a life-long dream.

And to get to go out for this dream while swimming in salty air...if that's not perfection, what is?

No comments:

Post a Comment