Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Unexpected change

Sometimes, we're the last ones to see our own destiny.

And by sometimes, I mean usually.

The last week has brought along a lot of small changes in my cognitive understanding of my own self. Incidentally, these are changes that my mother has seen since I was six years old.

Without going into details on the professional and personals aspects of it, I tell a story of a a meal this weekend that scared me.

I went into a diner and ordered food. No change. It was midnight, I wanted breakfast food. Again, nothing unusual. I open the menu and decide on one of my three usuals: French Toast and a glass of orange juice. The waiter comes up, asks what I want, and out of nowhere, I hear my mouth speak the words, "I'll have a waffle and some orange tea."

WHAT?! Tea? Waffle? Since when I do eat non-eggos? Or drink any kind of tea?

I know it isn't like a complete opposite type of thing and merely a small step to the side -- which is actually dead-on with the rest of the small changes of the past week or so -- but it surprised me to say it.

It surprised me even more to have the desire to order it again...

I can't help but wonder what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment