Monday, January 11, 2010

How did I get here?

Today was my first day of law school. (You will notice that I, who almost never uses tags, have tagged this entry as "law school," which I'm sure is a tag that will be showing up often from now until, well, the next 2-and-a-half to 3 years, depending on if I decide to add a semester and get an LLM in addition to a JD...but that's discussion for 2 years from now.)

As the day went on, I started to feel a little more comfortable with the people around me, and a little bit with my surroundings -- though tomorrow is going to be my first day studying in the library (or some other alcove of the school). But no matter how comfortable my surroundings may feel, one question still lingers, and probably will for quite a while.

How did I get here?

As I said to someone today, "This is weird; a week ago, I was a musician." Granted, I was not really doing much as a musician, and I've had quite some time to prepare myself for this mentally, but I am still not sure what exactly this is that I'm doing here.

I think I'm going to like it, though I may never get used to it.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I got used to it, but never liked it.

    Don't study in the library past Thanksgiving. Seriously. It will only freak you out. Find somewhere else to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How did I get here?" Oh my god, I asked myself that question in law school all the time.

    ReplyDelete