Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Meteorological Optimism

I pretend to be an optimist sometimes.

Well, it's rare. I consider myself a realist, and reality seems to have leanings towards pessimism, but I still always try to be an optimist in order to stay sane. (Though I'm usually laughing at the absurdities of life when I sound the most optimistic and upbeat.)

When it comes to weather, I typically manage to make the best of it.

Snow? That means fun times catching snowflakes on my tongue and making smiley faces on car windows.
Really cold? At least it isn't snowing!
Oppressive heat? Makes me appreciate...uh...um...indoors? (Let's be honest; this city is horrible in oppressive heat. Not only do I have no air conditioner in my apartment, but the city has a smell to it that is only describable as "ew" when the air gets too heavy.)

Today, it was pouring. When it rains hard in the winter, I always say that at least it's warm enough to rain.

And you know what they say: "If it's warm enough to rain, it's warm enough to smile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment