Sunday, April 8, 2007

Battle-Cry of the Plucky Underdog

I’ve never been one to give up on a fight if my emotions tell me to fight.

Too bad my intellect usually tells me to stop. But I ignore it.

Why, exactly? I’m not entirely sure. I guess it’s because I’ve always said that I’m never one to regret my actions, only my inactions, and I’m always afraid that I’m going to regret not fighting. I know that the fight hurts, and it rarely pans out, but I have faith that once, just once, I’m going to win this fight and it will be the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Is this fight that fight?

This, here, is the battle-cry of the plucky underdog. This is what I live by. This is what keeps me going: the thought that even though I am the underdog, that the chances of me winning are slim-to-none, I fight because it’s what I feel. It’s what I believe in.

And most of all, I’m bound to win one. And it will be worth it. It will validate and vindicate all the lost fights of the past.

I this fight that fight?

I doubt it, but that’s not going to keep me from trying to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment