Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thunder Storm

I've mentioned before that I still have my irrational six-year-old fear of thunder and lightening. I've mentioned it in the context of fireworks, but not in and of itself...

Right now, it's thundering...loudly. The alleyway outside my bedroom window causes reverberation. Plus I'm on the top floor, so there are nothing above me to buffer the sound from directly overhead as well as through the window.

I'm curled up in a little ball in the corner of my bed with my teddy bear. I don't know why thunder still does this to me. I'm 22 and only comforted by my teddy bear...

Where would I be without him.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be scared. You are man and therefore, mortal. And seeing as thunder does not pose a threat to your life (although lightning does in rare cases) it's irrational (I'm sure you know this, but still).

    It's good to realize we are human.

    You are human. It's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete