Sunday, February 15, 2009

So...why, exactly?

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of this blog. It is also, by no small coincidence, the 200th post.

Which brings up an interesting question that I have certainly been asked:
Why?

Honestly? I'm not sure any more. (Which, in a weird way, is the perfect answer.)

It started as a place to write my thoughts -- and to impress a girl (whom I dated shortly thereafter). She was a writer (I mean, I suspect she still is, but even when I dated her, she didn't do that much writing, so even if she calls herself a writer...well...I'll stop here before I say something mean) and I wanted to come across as literate.

Then, the depression I was trying to avoid admitting that I was already months into came to a point where I could not avoid it any longer. The blog was a way for me to work out my problems -- more for me than anyone else. I never really cared if people read it, but I liked the whole honesty thing and thought that maybe someone out there could relate.

It then became a tool for me to document my random thoughts and things that I've come across that caught my fancy.

Now? Well, it's me searching for the perfect use for it.

I've always gone through life knowing what I want, just not quite sure how to get it. While in some ways, I'm getting closer to figuring out how to fully achieve my dreams and goals, on the other, the more I learn the means, the less I'm sure of the ends.

I guess the only thing I am sure of is that I write in this thing. I guess it reminds the internet that I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment