Friday, September 4, 2009

New Notebook

I opened up a new notebook while on the subway after work today. I opened it up and wrote the following...

--

Ahh -- the joys of a new notebook. Pages clean, crisp, smooth. Full of potential...and fear.

In one sentence, it can be the start of the great masterpiece, or the journal posthumously published, letting the world fully experience you.

Or it can be ruined in that same one sentence, a crossed out line leads to a crossed out paragraph leads to a torn out page.

New notebooks make me nervous, but I guess it's better to write rather than just stare at a new, empty notebook for too long.

After all -- notbooks are made to be defiled.

It feels good to write again -- because a notbebook is new only once; tearing off the shrink-wrap is wonderful.

It's good to face the fears.

--

Tonight, I can say very happily that I didn't tear any of those three pages out of the notebook. I may tear a later one, but for now, I'm just glad to have gotten the page dirty.

And not just the notebook's.

No comments:

Post a Comment