Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back home

I came back to New York City yesterday.

I missed it.

I was greeted (after a call of my own saying 'I'm Back!') with a voicemail saying "Welcome Home", but hesitant, perhaps wondering if it is presumptuous to call New York City my home.

It is.

While I have adopted the motto the "Home is where the Teddy Bear is...", and the teddy bear tends to travel with me, home is here for right now, even if my teddy bear isn't.

After 3 month, I didn't miss a beat. I was still the first off the curb. I still managed to talk my way into the school building without my ID. I still had to clean the bathroom the second I walked in. It was exactly as it had been before.

It's good to be back.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you know this, but I'm permanently moving to NY in...about four days. We should hang out!

    ReplyDelete