Monday, September 8, 2008

Primary season...again

There's a Primary on Tuesday. Who knew?!

I certainly didn't...until I got a postcard from someone to tell me she's been endorsed by the New York Times, League of Women Democrats, and Amphibious Democrats of America, among other organizations. (Okay...so that last one's made up...) This postcard was, of course, to tell me to vote for her.

I now have a civic and ethical dilemma: Do I vote on Tuesday? I know nothing of those voting -- or for what offices. I didn't even know my district until I looked it up merely hours ago. The candidate list the city government puts out is 74 pages long and I don't feel like scanning for those I am eligible to vote for. I could pull random levers...I could write in my brother for everything (except for the office I'm most qualified for)...I could take my mother's approach and vote for all the Jews on the ballot.

So I'm not sure what to do -- or what I will do -- but I have nothing better to do Tuesday, so I think I will vote.

Alexander Yellen for City Comptroller! And City Counsel! And local selectman! And school board!

But not Civil Court. I'm voting for Nancy Bannon. The Times endorsed her! (Or so my mail told me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment