Saturday, November 1, 2008

Final Semester

Next semester is my final semester. So why, on November 1, am I writing about it when it is November 1 -- seven weeks to go in THIS semester?

I register on Monday. That, of course, means that I've had a mock-up of the schedule I'll likely have since Tuesday.

It's kind of scary and weird. Next semester, I'm going to have at most two classes on campus, with a very real possibility of none. Quite simply: That whole "it's a full-time job to find a full-time job" crap? I, unfortunately, have the time to make that my full-time job.

I'm scared of unemployment. I'm scared of debt. But more than anything, I'm scared that I'll have to leave New York City before I'm ready.

I know it's a city not for everyone, but all I need is a weekend away to fall in love with it again.

(Now why can't I find a women I feel like that about?)

So yeah -- that's it for now.

Later in the week, I'll share some of my adventures from collecting materials for my podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment