Friday, February 15, 2008

Hamlet

For my birthday, my niece, who was not yet 3 at the time, got me a tiger. (It's a puppet.)
Not knowing about this puppet, last weekend, my dear friend Amanda got me a dragon. (It's a finger puppet.)
Tonight, the three of us had a fantastic display of our abilities as thespians.

Fast forward to the conversation between me and my roommate:


"You know I'm losing it when my finger-puppet and my hand-puppet are talking to each other."
"Huh? What are you doing?"
"They're performing a play. Hamlet. But they aren't very good; neither one of them's read Shakespeare."
"What about Puff the Magic Dragon? Or Eurika's Castle?"
"He doesn't like to be type-cast!"
"...oh..."
"I don't blame him!"
"I think you've gone crazy."


Below: the cast photo

2 comments:

  1. I used to have a white dog puppet named Gus.

    I probably still have him, up at my parents' house, with a few other buddies. No current puppets in Brooklyn though.

    Perhaps for the best as I think some puppets are creeeeeepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha sorry i didnt get to read this sooner my internet was messed up the other night

    i love it.

    sorry i was kinda a bum tonight- lack of sleep can really you know wear on one. but i guess i dont have to tell you this.

    point being it was quite lovely meeting your lovely friends and puppets.

    i used to have a dog one just like your tiger one, i miss it now.

    ReplyDelete