Sunday, March 30, 2008

Duets

It's been a rough week for me. I was sick on Monday, and then on Thursday sprained my ankle and have been on crutches since.

Long story short about the ankle:
I was walking down stairs in the subway station and my ankle decided to go a direction in which anatomy doesn't usually smile upon. I got off the subway, limped to class, handed in a paper, and limped to the emergency room. (And then, crutched to my 6 o'clock class only 20 minutes late.)

No break, just a sprain. It could have been worse; I was holding on to the railing and kept from having my entire body weight from crushing down on my ankle. I could probably go without crutches tomorrow, but I know that I push myself faster than I usually should, so I'm forcing myself to use crutches tomorrow and then I'll just wear an ankle brace Monday.

But the point of this entry isn't to update the blogosphere on my health, but rather to share a video.

While I was in the waiting room in the ER, I had my MP3 player, loaded with season 3 of The Muppet Show.

I watched portions of three episodes, and two segments stood out to me, both of which I cannot stop watching. They are both duets with the guest and a muppet. The first is from episode 305 and features Pearl Bailey singing "In The Good Old Summertime" with Floyd. The second is from episode 315 and features Lesley Ann Warren singing "Just The Way You Are" with Rowlf.

The thing that strikes me about both is how much fun the guests have and how quickly the forget that they are performing with glorified (and totally awesome!) puppets. Not to mention that they are both beautiful, though one is playful and the other lyrical.

So without further ado, please enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment