Sunday, March 2, 2008

Strange parallels

I am not a big fan of Pizzeria Unos Chicago Grill's food. A lot of the time, the service is mediocre. The decor tends to be the same from one to the other. And they sell Pepsi products, and I'm not the biggest fan of Pepsi products. (Or Coke products, really. I prefer the Dr. Pepper/7-Up line...which many of the products are distributed by Coke in restaurants.)

And yet, it's had this strange parallel in my life.

My first date? Ended at Unos.
My first restaurant job? Unos.
My first sick day from work? Unos.
My first promotion? Unos.
My first performance based bonus? Unos.
My first real professional mentor? Boss from Unos.
The place I was eating the first time my then-ex-girlfriend called me and started a chain of events that made her my girlfriend again? Unos.
And today:
The place that we came up for the name of my first business venture: Unos.

I feel like now, any time I agree to go to Unos, I should expect something exciting. As long as I don't show up there too much. I don't really like the food or the service, anyway.

1 comment: