Monday, May 12, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up - revisited

I spent $500 on recording equipment (recorder, microphone, memory card, microphone stand...and...um...batteries?) today. This is meant for field recording and a project I will be starting this summer, but I, of course, had to test out tonight.

So what did I do? Pulled out two of my favorite blog entries and read them, hoping that the emotion behind them would translate to voice. I recorded one with the microphone and one with the internal mics. I don't remember which this one was, because, well, both came out sounding equally fantastic.

So because I read aloud my first blog post ever and recorded it and edited it together, all of you have to suffer get to listen.

I hope that the emotion of the text translates at least partially to my less-than-well-rehearsed but also less-than-spontaneous reading comes through. I actually had to turn the last line's volume way up in order to make it sound okay because at that point it did get to me...

So...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. shoot me

    that made me smile, laugh, smile...
    think... smile
    listen to the slight change in microphones

    clear quality. quite crisp. i dont like the word CRISP

    and it made me smile laugh smile and laugh some more

    and of course i am left

    with the thinking

    ReplyDelete