Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goals

I'm scrambling...to get to 100 posts on the year. (This post brings me to 93.)

That was a goal I set out for myself in June. If you count my Blog by SMS posts, I'm there already. But I'm only going to count that if I can't make it there today. (I may backdate if I finish by 3 am on the 1st...don't tell.)

But since that doesn't count as a legit post to me, I'm now going to talk about goals and resolutions.

I made a resolution a few years ago never to make New Years Resolutions again. It's the only one I've ever kept -- and even exceeded my own expectations on.

Tom tried to get me to make one last night to perform this year more in public. A nice goal that I can get behind, but I will not resolve to it for a new years resolution.

I was speaking about resolutions last night with Elisa last night, and she mentioned a resolution to be happy. To me, that's not a New Years Resolution, it's a daily resolution. I wake up every morning and tell myself that I'm going to do my best to be as happy as I can be. It's a lofty goal sometimes. And it's work sometimes.

It would be easy to give up on it and stay in bed on days when it is real work, but where's the fun in that?!

So yeah -- no resolutions for me, at least not of the 12-month variety. I'll stick with taking it one day at a time.

(And one blog post at a time! 7 more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment