Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"So now what?"

As the year draws to a close, and, well, some other things happen that have happened on December 31, 2008, I think back to some of the words in my life that pain me the most: "So now what?"

It's not important the negative meaning they have and the memories from May of 2004 that they bring with them, what's important is what I've done with them since.

I've taken it from: Well, now that it's over, what...; and I guess that's it; to: I've done all of this, so what's the next step? How can I better things?

And that's how I'm going to look at 2009. (As much as I hate to be reflexive on new years and birthdays, I guess it happens to all of us...)

I look at 2008: I conquered depression, I had the best academic semester of my life, I had my last -- and most successful -- year of camp, I started a podcast, I became an integral part of a 3-man production team in a long-term radio documentary project, I got them to hire me as a temp to PAY me for that work, I embedded myself in an office at school and got over $1,000 for the work I did with them that I would have done (and will continue to do) for free, I started a podcast, and so much more.

So now what? How can I make sure I only build on that?

I guess we'll soon find out! It all starts...


now

1 comment: