Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter on Cape Cod Bay

I'm going up to Cape Cod for Christmas -- since, hey, Jews can get Chinese food and watch a movie anywhere, right? But I'm looking forward to it.

I've been on the cape in the winter only a few times, but one of them was during a blizzard, and I hope that happens this year. Why? well, let me paint you a picture...

Low tied on Cape Cod Bay, the water is nowhere to be found for 2 miles except for small streams here and there between the sand bars. When it snows, everything that is sand is pure white, everything that is water is pure black. So under moonlight, the snow glows in a way that almost requires sunglasses with these streams of complete nothingness running between them with the undertones of waves in the distance echoing from miles off splashing against rocks -- small bay waves, a small hush of ebb and flow, not ocean waves of crash and boom.

Just thinking about it makes me smile...

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy now I can go back to the pretty poem-like thing forever!

    ReplyDelete