Friday, November 23, 2007

One more week

This marks the 23rd entry for me in the month of November. I'm impressed I've made it this far without using the cop out post of writing about the process of being part of NaBloPoMo; I think that's commendable! (That's right, six blog readers, you should all comment and email me praise of how awesome I am...)

(Did I mention how impressed I am that nobody's unsubscribed yet?)

Having written 50 blog posts in 5 months, I took on a task asking me to write 30 in only 30 days. What the hell was I thinking? Why did I think I could do this? Did I really think I could say something worth while in all 30 of these? (Quick answer: No.) And yet, I've been relatively successful at not being mundane or cliche and, well, I've just been honest, really.

I see the finish line in sight and I wonder how I'll blog after it's over. Daily certainly won't happen. Will I go back to twice a week? Or just when I have something to say, I'll say it? Does it matter?

This has been a good writing exercise, if nothing else. At times, it's even been a good procrastination tool. But while I'm at home, I'm not productive with just about anything, this blog included.

So here's looking ahead to tomorrow, a day when I see old friends and hope they say something quotable to get me going on the next post.

For all my readers' sake, I wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment